Nachiappa Swamigal Arts and Science College is functioning with the following facilities
The college takes necessary steps for the speedy receipt of all government scholarships to the students, especially the SC/ST students.
Fluency in English is not only a hallmark of a sophisticated educated person but also an excellent credential as far as procuring a decent employment is concerned. Keeping this in view, the language department has a fully equipped lab, which provides ample linguistic training and exercise. Additionally, this lab trains students in group discussion, personality development and the like.
The college is sufficiently equipped with 150 computers with adequate connected facilities. They are networked with high speed LAN, all original licensed software and broadband internet facility. Windows 2000 Server, Windows NT Server are the backbone of our Computer Lab
- The Internet Centre works from 9.00am to 6.00 pm on all working days.
- Students are allowed to utilize Internet facilities after their class hours.
- Free Internet facility is provided for all the staff members and PG Students.
- Users are permitted to download files and mails in floppies or CD’s.
WI-FI NETWORK FOR STUDENTS
- Campus network is intended through wireless network for student access, the network is open for access at campus reading room with access restrictions.
- The computer lab consists of system administration, Network administration and system support.
The library is housed in a large hall stocked with a large variety of reading material. The Library has a total collection of about 18,000 books and provides access to more than 100 journals and magazines. INFLIBNET facility which provides access to a number on line articles is also available. Each Department has a department library. Photocopying facility is provided for the benefit of Student and Faculty. The College has an institutional membership with the British Council Library, The American Library (USCG) and University of Madras which the students and faculty make use of to widen their knowledge in diverse fields.
- The Library works from 9.00 AM to 4.30 PM from Monday to Friday. Further, the library is open from 9.00 AM to 2.00 PM on all Saturdays.
- Only members are allowed to use the services of the Library.
- Outsiders have to get prior permission from the Management/Principal to utilize the Library.
- Members can use the services of the Library only by producing the identification card.
- Members will be provided with Library tickets. The number of tickets, issued to each student is three. Duration of the lending period is fifteen days and the fine amount of Re.1 per day for the delay
- Rs.20/ will be charged against the loss of each Library ticket.
- The Exchange of Library tickets is not permissible.
- Books will be provided only against a valid Library ticket.
- Periodicals and Reference books are only meant for reference within the Library.
- Avoid Video cassettes and CD’s are only meant for reference within the Library.
- Only three renewals are permitted.
- The facility to reserve books is available. Books will be issued according to the order in which they are reserved.
- Reserved books will not be renewed.
- Pilferage of documents will be treated as a serious offence. A warning memo shall be issued for the first offence. Subsequent offences will be treated seriously and the membership shall be suspended or cancelled.
- In case a book is lost, the member should either replace the book or pay double the cost of the book to the library.
- Photocopying of library documents is permitted. Photocopying the entire documents/ books is prohibited. Photocopying will be charged at the rate of Re.1/-per page.
- Silence should strictly be maintained in the Library.
- Documents other than library sources shall not be permitted inside the Library.
- The use of tape recorder, radio, mobile phone, camera, etc...is strictly prohibited inside the library.
- Members are requested to leave their personal belongings in the property counter.
Expensive equipment have been installed in the laboratories for the benefit of the students. Great care must be taken in handling equipment. Work tables and sanitary fittings should be kept absolutely clean at all times. All breakages and losses must be reported to the concerned staff in charge immediately.
The College has well-organized transportation facility covering all parts of the city to enable easy commuting to college.
The College also provides ample space for students and staff to park their vehicles.
AUDITORIUM is located inside the campus. All functions, guest lectures / seminars / conferences / symposiums are conducted in the auditorium.